We’ve heard that before, but WOW! are things happening fast in the Life Insurance world:
- The Department of Labor (DOL) is considering new regulations that may drastically impact suitability issues for certain clients and most advisors.
- Actuarial Guideline 49 (AG 49) will have significant impact in IUL illustrations and newly issued policies
- Interest rates remain at historically low levels – impacting product pricing and many inforce policies
- We are seeing several carriers “adjust” inforce mortality rates
- The always-moving “who’s in / who’s out “ wheel spins:
- Protective Life was acquired by Dai-ichi Life and remains a viable carrier and real player in our marketplace
- Symetra Life announced this week their acquisition by Sumitomo Life of Japan
- ING did an IPO and is now known as VOYA – and has effectively exited the brokerage life marketplace
- Genworth has announced the likely sale of its European subsidiary to AXA, and many speculate parts of the US operation may be re-tooled.
- Banner Life (LGA) had a CEO change, and re-confirmed their commitment to our marketplace with new pricing and tools
- Carriers too numerous to mention tweaked products, added features and introduced new tools
- Many life carriers continue to improve LTC riders and living benefit features
- The coming fall selling season in the Medicare marketplace means we are busy with certification and product evaluation. Are you?
All this means that keeping current and staying relevant to your clients and prospects is a never-ending process.
Agency Services, Inc. is here to help. We have product and technical experts on staff that can help. We have excellent point-of-sale assistance available if you desire that level of service.
Good selling –