Do you recall that great classic song by the Fifth Dimension?
Well, not many folks are “singing” about how good things are on the economic front – fear of rising taxes, continued recession, lingering unemployment and low or anemic economic growth has many people scratching their heads and wondering how best to position themselves.
A just released LIMRA (Life Insurance Marketing & Research Association) report indicates that sales of permanent life insurance policies were up 8% in the third quarter of 2010. While dollar values were not published, overall face amount of permanent polices was up over 32% since Q3 2009. For the full 3 quarters of 2010, permanent life insurance sales are up 15% over the same period in 2009. Powerful information and the type you should sit up and notice!
Why…. might you ask? Well, I’m glad you did. For insurance professionals reading this, I know I’m preaching to the choir, but for other readers, consider these reasons:
1) People are flocking to guarantees. What is better than a 3 or 4% interest rate guarantee of your cash value? What other options offer this type of guarantee?
2) Tax advantages of life insurance include the tax-free buildup of cash values while the policy is in force and the tax free nature of most death benefits.
3) Guaranteed access to cash values – if you need a loan, will your banker always be there? Your cash value will.
4) The stable nature of the life insurance industry in an otherwise shaky financial world. Makes me feel good just typing this!!
5) The peace of mind you have when you know your loved ones are protected and will be provided with the exact amount of financial help you have selected that they will need in the event of your premature death. What a legacy to leave…
As the planning cycle for 2011 is now in full swing, I hope you’ll take time to review with your clients the unique and powerful nature of life insurance, and you’ll help them feel like their financial health is on the way to……UP, UP & Away!!!